- Returning players may want to read the page for Returning Players before continuing.
Image copyright of Simutronics Corporation
|Secondary Skillsets:||Magic, Survival|
|Tertiary Skillsets:||Weapon, Armor|
|Special Abilities:|| Heal, Shift, Link,|
| Barbarian - Bard - Cleric - Commoner - Empath - Moon Mage|
Empaths are highly attuned to other living creatures, allowing them to heal the wounds of others. Such powers have their drawbacks, however; since Empaths are so close to the pain of the living beings around them, if they so much as try to harm another living creature they will lose their ability to heal for a time. If they kill, such ability can be lost forever.
That doesn't mean, however, that Empaths are barred from combat. Many choose the path of the Battle Empath, with defensive skills and abilities often outstripping those of the hunters they seek out to heal.
Official InformationDragonrealms Website.
The official Empath Guild color is Sapphire Blue.
Guild Hall Locations
- The Crossing
- Led by Guildleader Salvur Siksa. (You can type DIR EMPATH in The Crossing for directions.)
- Led by Guildleader Nebela Mentrade. (You can type DIR EMPATH in Riverhaven for directions.)
Skillsets and Common Races
According to the DragonRealms website, Empaths tend to be:
As they are a lore-prime guild, Empaths may choose two crafting careers and one hobby.
- Touch - By simply touching a patient, an Empath can form an empathic link with them that allows the Empath to diagnose the patient's injuries with some precision. Besides wound transfer, several other Empath abilities (Shift, Link) require an active diagnostic link to be in place in order to function.
- Transfer/Take - Allows an Empath to take the wounds, scars, and assorted injuries of other adventurers, by transferring them to the Empath's body.
- Link - More experienced Empaths can use their empathic links to others to access some of their knowledge, thereby increasing the Empath's own skills for the duration of the link. Taught by other Empaths and cannot be maintained in combat.
- Perceive Health - Allows the Empath to detect the presence of others in the surrounding area by sensing their life energies, including health status such as poison, disease, or low vitality. As the Empath's skill increases, life energies can be detected farther and farther away.
- Shift - Though considered a hush-hush skill by those in Elanthia, some Empaths possess the ability to alter the appearance of others permanently. It is considered a forbidden practice in all provinces in Kermoria except for Ilithi, as of 406 AV.
- Manipulate - Those with sufficient skill can Manipulate a creature approaching them into believing that the Empath is a friend rather than an enemy, a powerful tool for Empaths choosing to enter battlegrounds.
- Empaths have access to Life Mana and the following spellbooks: Healing, Protection, Body Purification, Mental Preparation and Life Force Manipulation.
The Empath spell tree requires 48 spell slots to master. Empaths earn 75 spell slots at 150 (and like all guilds continue to get 1 more additional spell slot every 10 circles until circle 200). This leaves experienced Empaths plenty of room for Magic Techniques or other guild's spells. All magic guilds get a free magical feat at circle 2, and Empaths get Injured Casting as theirs.
|Circle||Empathy||Scholarship||1st Lore||2nd Lore||3rd Lore||First Aid||Outdoors.||1st-2nd Surv.||3rd Surv.||4th Surv.||5th Surv.||1st Magic||2nd Magic||3rd Magic||4th Magic||5th Magic|
Scholarship, Empathy and First Aid are hard requirements (do not count toward Nth skill requirements).
Outdoorsmanship is a soft requirement (can be used toward Nth survival requirements).
Sorcery and Thievery are restricted skills (do not count toward Nth skill requirements).
The leadership of the Empaths' Guild are collectively known as the Khalaen, a Gamgweth word meaning "leaders."
See Empath Khalo for details about the modern structure of the guild, etiquette, and the current Khalaen. Detailed information about their history can be found in the book Khalo: A Student's Primer.