Image copyright of Simutronics Corporation
|Secondary Skillsets:||Magic, Weapon|
|Tertiary Skillsets:||Survival, Armor|
|Special Abilities:||Recall, Playact, Enchantes|
| Barbarian - Bard - Cleric - Commoner - Empath - Moon Mage|
Masters of Music, and well schooled in a wide range of skills and lore, a Bard drinks in all he or she can of the happenings of the lands and uses it to their advantage. To attempt to define a Bard is to try to put order to the sands on the shore -- they are warriors, performers, wanderers, teachers, scholars... and much much more.
A boon to any adventuring group, their area-affecting magic can be instrumental to its survival and success. Be sure to bring extra libations, for a Bard's job is thirsty work.
About 180 years ago, a darkness fell upon the Guild with their near extermination by the Dragon Priests, silencing their voice and scattering their unity. The spirit of Music was reawakened by the selfless acts of Siryn -- and the voices of those who sang for her. Much has been rebuilt since the Guild doors were reopened, a new spirit and unity grows within that portents to rival and surpass what once was a proud and vibrant past.
General InformationDragonrealms Website.
Guild Hall Locations
- Considered by some the 'main' Guildhall for Bards, this renovated structure is home to the famed Bard Silvyrfrost. She maintains a renown roster of the highest circled Bards. (You can type DIR BARD for directions.)
- Rebuilt upon the location of its predecessor, the Riverhaven Guild stands tall with plenty of space for the Guild Leader Tasdrean, having assumed the mantle of leadership in the wake of Guild Leader Ezruh's departure. Tasdrean manages a renown roster keeping track of the most musical and academic of Bards. (You can type DIR BARD for directions.)
- Sequestered in one of the city's many drinking establishments, the Guild Leader Macfrae tends to his cups as well as those Bards that pass by his table. Macfrae also tends to a renown roster of the most disciplined and hardiest of Bards.
- Located in the Theater District of the third tier of Ratha, the workshop is more of an office for repair work than a true Guildhall. Guild Leader Lileyew always has a ready smile for any Bards passing through. True to her nature, she keeps a renown roster of the most charismatic Bards she has met.
- Located near the Heketha Theatre and the Street of Performers, the Guildhall is cared for by the Bard Leader Selinthesa's watchful eye. She includes in her gaze a renown roster of the Bards most skilled in the use of any weapon.
- Found in Inner Hibarnhvidar. Also located in the Guildhall is Siryn's study, which is watched over by Guildleader Yaziyi. Despite being an artist at heart, he maintains a renown roster of the most well-rounded combatants among the guild. Included in his assessment is the Bard's ability to parry, evade, use a shield, and target lethal magics as well as their effectiveness with their most used weapon and type of armor.
- The white sentinel is rumored to contain a large Bardic guildhall, unfortunately access is currently unavailable. Among these rumours is a renown roster tracking those Bards most skilled in magical efforts.
Skillsets and Common Races
Bards break down into the following races:
Guilded bards receive one free technique slot in the Tinkering discipline of the Engineering skill, one free technique slot in the Shaping discipline of the Engineering skill and one free technique slot in the Carving discipline of the Engineering skill.
Bards who keep their focus on their percussion, string and wind instruments can maintain a higher inspirational state, affording them a greater performing skill that can affect all aspects of their music.
An advanced performance ability, PLAYACT allows a Bard to perform with greater effect and clarity for their audience.
Bards are the tellers of stories and the keepers of knowledge; they know countless stories of legends and folklore, and they remember. This allows them to be adept at learning information about the areas they visit through numerous means -- local gossip, rumor, legends, folklore, superstitions. With the right training, a Bard can tune in to the lands, spirits, ancient calendars and RECALL what was.
Over the years Bards have developed several special techniques with whistling, from just being more expressive to being able to distract enemies with a piercing whistle. Rumor has it some Bards have also learned to effectively communicate via whistling.
Many a story has been told of Bards who have mastered the control of their voice to a degree where it can be used as a weapon in battle. While many of these legendary techniques have been lost, there persist to this day stories of Bards vanquishing their foes with a defiant scream.
Bards also can memorize song scrolls containing lore from across Kermoria. A variety of shops from The Crossing to Aesry stock them.
Over the course of their career, Bards learn many techniques to aid them in performance. Among them are the ability to convincingly BLUFF their audience, or SLIP in some dazzling sleight of hand tricks. Bards have also been known to learn the art of ventriloquism, throwing their voice onto props, and, if stories are to be believed, even other people.
Gained at level 5 - Sleight of Hand with coins.
Syntax: SLIP <person> COIN <ear|nose|mouth|wound> <easy/hard>
Bluff Abilities: BLUFF <player|item|critter> BLUFF <player|critter> <option> Options: emperor, sister, lanival, baron, merchant, sidhlot, priest, swallow, glythtide, penguin BLUFF <self> BLUFF DODGE to dodge in combat. BLUFF DISTRACT to gain a better chance at hiding. BLUFF AMAZE to put on a charismatic show. BLUFF DEAD to play dead. *** Be warned, this could get you killed! ***
Bardic Magic & Enchantes
Bards use both magic and their skill with sound to weave Elemental mana into their voice. Bardic magic falls under these four books: Fae Arts, Emotion Control, Sound Manipulation and Elemental Invocations.
Below are the current circle requirements. The tactics requirement is soft, meaning it will also fill one of the top 3 lore requirements.
|Circle||1st Armor||1st Weapon||2nd Weapon||Parry||1st Magic||2nd Magic||3rd Magic||4th Magic||5th Magic||1st Survival||2nd Survival||3rd-4th Survival||1st Lore||2nd Lore||3rd Lore||Performing||Tactics|
Performing is a hard requirement (does not count toward Nth lore requirements).
Tactics is a soft requirement (can be used toward Nth lore requirements).
Bards will eventually have a Bardic Lore requirement
Related Forum Posts
- Bard cyclic scrolls. - 04/14/2013 - 14:06
- Reknown Scrolls - 03/14/2013 - 01:16
- Animated Shield spell for the Analogous spell book. - 02/22/2013 - 03:12
- Guild Meeting - 06/27/2012 - 10:44
- Merchant List Updates - 05/13/2012 - 21:45
- M3 Spellslot Progression - 03/16/2012 - 14:40
- New Circle Reqs Have Been Posted - 03/16/2012 - 03:03
- Magic 3 Status Update - 02/03/2012 - 12:07
- So are we a dead guild - 11/30/2011 - 00:49
- Bard Ability - Evoke - 09/29/2011 - 13:42
- … further results